Golden Cycles Fixed Gear Bike Review
If you want style, affordability and speed, then Golden Cycles Fixed Gear bike is the bike for you. It lets you ride comfortably as it comes with fixed gear.
As this bike features fixed gear it provides some advantages. The design is simpler because of having fewer components.
The golden cycles bike provides you with better handling and precision stopping. This is due to its front and rear alloy caliper brakes. Golden cycles let you celebrate cycling coming with high quality environmentally friendly bikes.
It is designed and built in such a way that makes it ideal for your outdoor adventures in the urban areas. So, for an affordable price, this bike is definitely worth considering.
Why is this product best for you?
The Golden cycles is not only built for experienced riders but also for daily urban commuters as well. Whether you want to explore outdoors or just need a bike to commute in urban areas, this bike is built in a way that everyone can enjoy riding it.
Transportation in the city is definitely a challenge, but with this bike, you will be able to look forward to your transit. Its frame is stylish and simple. The crank-set is quite sturdy. Building this bike extremely easy and it also comes with the tools you will require to do so.
Features with details:
In this golden cycles review, we are going to describe now all of its features in great detail:
- Flip Flop rear wheel
You will be able to ride this bike fixed or fixed gear bike with freewheel as the golden cycles bike includes a flip-flophubat and its rear. If you ride freewheel, you will be able to cruise around with your bike. On the other hand, if you ride with fixed-gear, you will get full control on the bike and the bike’s speed will totally depend on your pedal stroke.
- Front and Rear Brakes
It has a lightweight, short-pull caliper that has a long reach of 47 to 57mm. The brakes work perfectly whether you are riding single-speed or fixed. You can easily install the brakes on the bike and even remove them by using a hex tool (5mm).
The bike’s durable steel frame is fully Tig-welded and it has a high-tensile strength. You can rest assured about getting a quality product as none of the products the Golden cycles fixed gear bike shipped out without being thoroughly tested.
This bike has a 130CD crank which is exceptionally powerful and well-built. A JIS square spindle is used that comes with a 46 tooth 1/8 chaining which can be considered a bonus.
- Color Options
You would be amazed at the variety of colors and designs that this bike comes with. There are about 21 different and unique colors to choose from. You can choose one which best suits your tastes but we would suggest you go for the matte black one.
The golden cycles fixed gear bike has 45mm deep-alloy rims. The rims are attached to 700c tires. The rear tire could be changed to support both types of gear settings.
- Is pretty lightweight and easy to ride
- Has quality tires that can handle bumpy roads and uneven pavements
- Has custom riser handlebars
- Comes in a variety of colors and designs
- The flip flop hub could be used to change from fixed gear to single speed and vice versa
- Well thought out, has a good build and the single-speed is efficient
- Not a thick hardened paint job
- Can’t adjust the handlebars and the geometry is off
- Brake levers are a bit uncomfortable
What is the point of a fixie bike?
Fixie or fixed gear bike is basically a single-speed bike and unfortunately, they do not allow riders to coast. You can compare a fixed gear bike’s stopping power with a beach cruiser with a coaster brake.
In busy traffic areas, you need quick and precise speed adjustments, that’s what a fixie bike does with its direct feedback from the pedals.
You can easily balance your fixie bike without putting your foot on the ground, you only have to turn the front wheels sideways and rock the pedals forward or backward to keep upright! You can also ride backward with fixie bikes. Moreover, fixed gear bikes need fewer parts to purchase and maintain. Fewer parts have another plus point, fewer parts to steal for thieves.
Most importantly, a fixed-gear bike will provide you with an excellent experience. It will help you tackle obstacles by altering direction not by altering speed like other geared bikes. Some people compare riding a fixie bike with surfing!
Are Golden cycles good?
If you are someone who is looking for a trick, track, and endurance riding, then it’s better for you to avoid golden cycles.
Golden cycles are entry-level single speed or fixed gear bike. They are built for riders who want experience combining with speed, style, and affordability.
What can be better than riding a cost-saving and carbon-free golden bike, in this era of global warming and economic downfall?
Is riding a fixed gear bike good exercise?
By riding a fixed gear bike, you can get an excellent endurance and muscular workout. Riding a fixie bike can help you develop your cycling abilities, including increasing, leg speed, strength, and endurance.
As you won’t be able to coast in a fixie bike, your muscle will quickly adapt to constant use.
While riding this bike on flats and descents, you will build up pedaling mechanics and become a better spinner. Again in riding on the hill, you can get maximum leg workout and develop leg strength.
Why fixed gear bikes are better?
A fixie bike will force you to pedal all the time, so you are more likely to stay fit and sound. Fixie bike can easily connect you with the bike and with no gears of the freewheel, nothing can go wrong with a fixed gear bike. They are totally reliable and one of the best options for having some fun.
Fixies are both for great winter and urban rides. And with their lack of shifters, you will have fewer distractions and the ability to directly control your speed through the transmission.
Why should you choose a fixie or fixed gear bike?
We choose everything for a reason, why would a fixed gear bike be an exception? Definitely, there should be some reason why you would want to purchase a fixie, right? Okay then! Let’s talk about those reasons which will impress you to buying a fixed gear bike.
- It’s frame sizes fits all most all the riders. They come with frame sizes from a range of 41 to 63 cm.
- Simple, clean, and good looking frame with few components and no complication.
- You can easily assemble this type of bike with minimal bike knowledge.
- Wide ranges of colors for you to choose from.
- Lightweight is one of the reasons many buyers loved his bike.
- Comes with a good value for a basic bike.
Alright, now that, we have talked about the reason why you should buy it, let’s see some of the reasons why fixie is a bad idea for you!
- The hard saddle can create soreness after long rides
- Wheels are said to be weak.
- Cheap tubes easily get punctured
- Sometimes there are manufacturing defects and errors are available too.
- No instructions are given, so not a great choice for mechanically inexperienced riders.
If are lucky enough you will get a manufacturing defectless fixie, and saddle, wheels, and tires can be easily replaced with better ones. So, considering everything, a fixed gear bike is worth the money.
Why fixies are so popular?
- Fixies are the oldest and simplest bicycle ever made. No freewheel, and no coasting. The pedal will spin when the bike is in motion, so you will get a great leg exercise out there.
- As fixie comes with fixed gears, so they allow for straightforward power from pedal to wheel. So you are using much less energy with less effort.
- They need low maintenance, relatively cheap, light-weighted, and safe from thieves too. This one of the reasons why bike messengers choose fixie.
- You will be able to workout at your ideal speed, become faster over distance, and increase your stamina.
- Going uphill and downhill with your fixed gear bike can keep you fit. When you go uphill with your fixie, you have no option but to get up in the saddle and push through pedals. Again while on the downhill, you have no choice but to adapt to the new rhythm. Though it is not that easy, but as a result, you will get more flexible muscles.
- Fixie does not make sound, they are silent as a rock.
- They are the simplest bike you will ever find. We always think buying a bike means buying a ton of accessories along with the bike. But fixies are totally different than those. Fixies are simple, yet reliable.
- With a fixie, you don’t have to worry about the rear brakes. Because your rear brakes will be your legs, unless your legs are your own enemy, then you have to be very careful!
- You can easily customize this bike according to your choice, like get colored tires, and add decals to the upper tube.
- Riding a fixie bike takes some real skill and staying in control of it can be tricky too. As sometimes, you might forget you are riding a fixie and try to coast or freewheel, which can lead to a serious accident.
- As it features a few parts, so maintenance is very easy. You can just check the tires, and whether the chain is tight and you are ready to hit the road.
Why does a fixed gear bike have no brakes?
First of some fixed gear bikes do have brakes. But fixed gear often does not have brakes because of two reasons, one, for bike racing in a velodrome where brakes are more dangerous and for bike messengers who want to have cheap, low maintenance, and easy to use bike.
The golden cycle fixed gear bike is a great entry-level fixed bike that also comes at a budget-friendly price. One of the main goals of golden cycles was to keep it simple.
This bike is made with the best quality materials and it is best suited for commutating in the city. Whether you are a novice or a bike racer, this bike is perfect for everyone. Its sleek design, high-quality components, and exceptional performance definitely make it a great purchase.
I am Daniel D. Harris, an enthusiastic biker who loves to ride bicycles. I keep on sharing my experience of cycling through this blog. I do keep writing to assist you in finding the city bikes, bike lights, bike pedals, and many more things related to bicycles. You may find my blog useful once you read some posts. Find me on twitter. Have a good day bikers!